-
March 20th, 2006, 06:25 PM
#1
I*love*dolls
Guest
I know I have posted a lot, but it's so addicting! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
When I was 8 I got Samantha, and the first thought that went through my head after seeing her was "Boy, her skin's darker than in the pictures!" (She was one of the last dolls with an "old" face I think)
When I was 9 and got Kit for Christmas I brought her to my best friend's house in the spring and we let my Kit doll and her Tess (Little Sisiter) doll float on the pond on a sled. BAD IDEA! My friend accidently pushed the sled into the water a little too hard and water got into it! I started screaming and grabbed my Kit doll before she fell completely into the pond. I ran into the house and carefully took off all of her clothes and lay them out to dry. I sat on the floor comforting my poor dolly and my friend ran up to me and starting apologizing like mad! Later we changed our dolls' clothes and when I went home and I changed Kit back into her outfit. Thankfully the water left no mark!
I saved up for a doll a few years ago. At first I was going to get Kyaa then Felicity then a Today doll then Kirsten then a different Today doll then back to Kirsten then Kaya then......you get the point. I did finally decide...Kirsten! I have the entire progression of what doll I wanted in my diary from that year. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
One year I decided to get a Molly from eBay. I was so exicted to fix her up. I bought her and loved her...I thought. I realized she looked exactly like Samantha and I never really thought about a "twin" doll so I tried selling her to friends. SEVEN people refused! Finally a girl a year younger than me bought her. With the money I was planning on buying marisol. I'm glad I went on vacation then, because right when I got back Elizabeth came out! I loved her and bought her immediatly after coming home. I'm glad I didn't get Marisol because I realize I don't really like her now.
Last year when all of my friends asked me what I wanted I told them "money" because I was going to the AGPC the next October. Thhankfully, a lot of friends DID because at the end of the day I had a total of 90 dollars from what I had already and from friends! I have such nice friends [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I actually bought a AGT 21 at the AGPC that year. Then I took her home and realized I only had blonde dolls and a Samantha. I smacked my forehead and realized I was going to get a doll with darker features. I exchanged her for an Addy, and I wa so glad! Now I am going to get 21 sometime....AGAIN! [img]tongue.gif[/img] When Addy came my mom got excited accidnetly cut her thumb (she was chopping veggies) and was so shocked after that she almost fainted! Thankfully, she was OK. She sure likes Addy!
I always used to bring a doll to church with me. My best friend goes to the same church and when we were younger I brought a doll in case I went over to her house. I stopped when a man remarked to me "Aren't you a little old for dolls?" and I was embarrased. Plus my friend doesn't like dolls anymore.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks